Saturday, September 11, 2010

15th Annual Nun's Beach Surf Invitational

Nun's at Nun's Beach in Stone Harbor, NJ | ©2010 Hopping Frog Studios
We had our 15th Annual Nun's Beach Surf Invitational last weekend and it was a beautiful day. I took some video and some stills, judged a few heats and shot the shit with friends, but I mostly took it easy. I'm a little tired of working these events, truth be told.

In fact, I haven't even processed the pictures of video yet. The above photo is from a few years ago, when Sister Loyola was still with us. She was a peach. I can't for the life of me remember the other Sister's name. Maybe someone else remembers.

On another note, I had heard rumors that this was going to be the last year for the Nun's Beach surf event. While it is true that this was Bill Deger's last year running the event, others have told me that the event will continue. I'll have to take their word for it as I haven't heard who is taking over and these things just don't magically happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you share with me the pictures you took of the nuns with the surfboards? my email es jannia_24@hotmail.com. Let me know if its possible.

tnx!

Unknown said...

That is an old photo. I don't even know where those images are anymore. Sorry.