Monday, October 25, 2010

Vancouver, BC

I had the pleasure of traveling to Vancouver recently. I hate the flight, but the city is pretty cool. We flew in the day before our meeting and I didn't have to meet with the client until 10:30am so I was able to take my time getting there. I walked several blocks to the new Skytrain which took me right to my client's front door. On the way, I was able to snap these pics with my recently acquired iPod Touch. While the iPod does record HD video, the still camera actually sucks. I thought they'd used the same camera they put into the iPhone 4, but no.

Did a little retouching in the computer to give them an aged Poloroid feel.

Vogue Theatre
Opened in 1941, the sensational Vogue Theatre was designed by award winning architects Kaplan & Sprachman.  Famous for superb acoustics and intimate atmosphere, the Vogue, along with her 62-foot neon sign have become a Vancouver landmark. The geometrical symmetry of the facade paired with the curving, fluid forms of the interior embody an architectural aesthetic most commonly described as “Art Deco”.


Orpheum Concert Hall






The magnificent Orpheum is one of North America’s finest concert halls. Built in 1927, restored in 1977 and acoustically upgraded in 1995 and refurbished in 2009, it is a designated National Heritage Site. Home to the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, Vancouver Bach Choir, Vancouver Chamber Choir and Vancouver Cantata Singers, the Orpheum seats 2,688 patrons.

No comments: