Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bikers In Wildwood, NJ

Spent the morning working, then met up a friend, Kurt Kelly, and we headed over to Wildwood, NJ to experience the Roar To The Shore, a big biker weekend. It was a scene for sure. Apparently not nearly as big as it used to be, but still a whole lot of bikers in one place. Kurt and I walked around all afternoon and into the night, talking to people and taking their pictures. In this environment, you ask before you take a picture, and guys wearing colors, you don't even ask. Most said yes and were happy to do it.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Brilliant. I'd love to know what you work with... camera, lens, editing... Stunning photos.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment. These were shot on a Canon 5DMII with an 85mm F1.2. Most of the shots were done after dark so I was shooting wide open. At one point I was shooting upwards of 1200ISO. Relied on the lights spilling out of the overhead canopies from bars and restaurants. You can see more images at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150367790615661.404315.723730660

Unknown said...

Just to make sure that link works.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150367790615661.404315.723730660&l=4387a83aef&type=1

papa john said...

Thanx for the nod! Great stuff! I'm third down! Any chance of getting a jpeg for my personal use?

Unknown said...

Surely. Do you want it for the web, or do you want to print it? Will make a difference on what size file I send you.

Send me your email address: david@hoppingfrogstudios.com

P.S. Might be my favorite shot of the night.

Michelle said...

Amazing! You rocked the low light. I'm drooling over your gear too.