Sunday, October 18, 2009

Playoffs | October 18, 2009



Tonight is Game 3 of the NLCS between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers, here in Philly.

It doesn't look like they're going to call the game even though it's been raining steady for three days. From what I understand, the rain is supposed to let up just as the game starts, which means we're likely to be cold and wet for the entire game. It's also supposed to be windy so the wind chill factor will put the evening somewhere in the 20's. This is NOT baseball weather, though it's beginning to become typical post-season weather for northern teams.

The playoffs were never supposed to be played this late. With expansion, wild-cards and television, we're having games postponed because of SNOW!

So, I guess I have to go root around in the attic for my hunting gear. Insulated boots, Under Armour, heavy shirts, jackets and rain shell. Don't know what I'm going to use to keep my ass dry. I need snowmobile suit. I'd look like an idiot, but I'd be a warm, happy idiot.

P.S. I was just given the option to sell my tickets and stay home where it's warm and dry. Inexplicably, I said no. I OPTED to go and be cold and wet. The way I look at it, that's being a fan. Grab your balls and go. If the players can be there, then why can't we? I mentioned that if the Phils won, we'd be psyched we were there. Of course there's also the possibility that we'll end up cold and wet, stay up late on a Sunday night where we have to go to work the next day, and the Phils will lose. But that's baseball. This could be epic though if they win. Like those blizzard football games that get replayed every year on ESPN.

And we'll be able to tell our grandchildren, "I was there."

No comments: