Friday, May 15, 2009

Dallas, TX | May 15

On our first day here, our production coordinator Suzanne was hit by a car while bringing back lunch. She was crossing the street when a woman in a BMW pulled out of the hotel and didn’t see her until she was on the hood of the car. I’m told she didn’t spill any of the food, but was concerned that she’s lost control of the iced tea. She’s okay, albeit a broken ankle, and back to work. You gotta love that in a person.

I mentioned to everyone, that in a way, this was a good omen. That hopefully any tragedy was behind us and Sherman reminded me of the scene from The World According To Garp, where they’re looking at a house with a realtor when a plane crashes into the house. Garp turns around and proudly announces, “We’ll take it!”

This is a strange city.

I came in last night and of course my flight was delayed in Philly for no good reason. I met the guys at the bar and we had a couple of drinks then went to bed because we had an all day casting.

So we went to casting outside the city somewhere. Sherman, our line producer and assistant director, Dawn, my associate creative director, and me. Cris is coming in tonight.

Casting went great and I think we got some great choices.

No comments: