Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nuevo Vallarta | April 15 | Day Two

Wow. Just woke up. It’s 10pm. Guess that’s what happens when you drink beer and tequila shooters all day. Go figure.
Jane made friends with a group of women from Iowa, or something. No! Wisconsin. Cheese heads. Anyway, Jane has been invited to go on a catamaran on Friday with them from 1pm til 5pm (but I was told not to worry too much if they’re late unless its several hours late and then I should call the Federales) with something like a dozen women. Sounds like trouble. I may travel up to Sayulita, a surf town, to take pictures while she’s gone. Or I might just stay here and take pictures.


(click on image to enlarge)

So, we may have been a little tipsy when we returned to our room, where upon we both fell asleep. Jane woke me up several hours later and I thought she was trying to get me up before dawn. Silly me.

I found her watching a show on child psychics because it was the only thing she could find on the TV that wasn’t in Spanish. This freaked her our so when a few women knocked on our door to turn down our beds she got scared and woke me up. I wasn’t very pleasant.

She’s now watching The Breakup, with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston with Spanish subtitles. It’s actually a great way to learn Spanish though you really have to keep up. They go by really fast. Especially since Vince Vaughn is a motor mouth.

We ordered room service for dinner. A couple of sandwiches and a bottle of wine. Sounds delicious. It really wasn’t.

The day was magnificent. Sunny and low eighties. Got sun but not too much, which is nice on your first day. We still haven’t ventured out to the Mega mart or whatever its called. It’s basically a Mexican Walmart. We need flip flops, running shoes, food, coffee. You know, the basics.

Tomorrow, we might actually eat breakfast before we start drinking, but you never know. I guess it depends on how late we stay up watching Telemundo.

No comments: