Monday, April 20, 2009

Puerto Vallarta | April 20 | Day Seven

I have to admit, I’ve fallen a little behind. I spent this morning recapping yesterday as I simply had not enough time to write last night. The truth is, it takes awhile to process the photography and it’s the pictures, not the writing, that slows me up. Normally, I take a lot more time with the images, and as it stands, I’m rushing through things…


(click to enlarge image)

To cut to the chase, today was back to normal. Jane and I had a lovely time, back to making fun of everyone else and feeling good about each other. We laid in the sun for most of the day, had a wonderful lunch, took an unproductive walk over to the pier, bought some supplies, and are now back in our room with Jane sleeping and me writing. Soon, we’re going to shower, dress and head into town to eat dinner at Trio, the restaurant we “found.” I hope it’s good, because I feel like we stumbled upon it rather than reading about it in a guide book, or finding out about it from the concierge.

We has a great time on the beach today. The hotel isn’t much, at least by our standards, and the service is not what we’d become accustomed to at the last place, but it was friendly and decent.

The pool you can have, but the beach area was much more European, even Greek in its simplicity and elegance. It was more rustic in a way than La Estancia, and a little less removed from the world. Mind you, there was no one to dress your chair, but they did come around once in awhile to offer you a drink. One of the upsides of having a little less attentive service is that you don’t drink as much which Jane and I agreed was a positive thing.


(click to enlarge image)

Lunch was good, but not great. We’ve come to grips with the fact that while you may be able to get really good food in PV, it’s not likely going to come from your hotel. That said, lunch was decent.

Our favorite pastime, as it turns out, is cutting other people down. But we’re not prejudiced in the least. We hate everyone equally. Hate is maybe too strong a word. We just don’t like anybody else. Which is a good thing we’re together and for the most part like each other.


(click to enlarge image)

Well, I need to get out of my suit and into some linen. Time to go to dinner.

Tomorrow we set sail. Jane wants me to take lots of pictures of her catching lots of fish, so that all her friends will be lots of jealous. We’re an evil pair, she and I.


(click to enlarge image)

P.S. Dinner turned out to be wonderful. A place called Trio that specializes in Mediterranean food. We sat by the window, had good wine and great food. After dinner we walked to the Zona Romantica, which is basically, among other things, the gay neighborhood. Jane wanted to see a gay bar, so we found the only empty gay bar in town and had a few beers with the two young guys who owned the place. Turns out, they'd only been open a few weeks, and it was a slow night. Jane promised to return when it was more happening, and try and convert them.

No comments: