Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nuevo Vallarta | April 19 | Day Six

Blue sky is back. Woke about an hour ago and started packing. It went quicker than I thought. There is nothing like having laundry facilities.


(click to enlarge image)

We (and by this I mean me), had to say goodbye to Cesar and the rest of the staff. They’ve been great. Made me feel at home. I have both Cesar and Juan’s email and home addresses. I’m going to make some small prints of the pictures I took of them and send it to them. I need to do it quickly if possible, except I don’t know when I’ll be able to do it.

We have to check out by 11am, but I think both Jane and I were hoping to be out earlier. We want to get into our new hotel and get settled so we can enjoy the day. My original plan had been to drop our stuff off and go explore town, but I think Jane would be happier if we got settled for real first. Town will have to wait. Maybe for dinner tonight.

I think we’re going to miss this place. There’s no way we have this nice a room at the next hotel. I discovered last night that the door to the other bedroom, which is two double beds, another bathroom with shower and outside access, was open the entire time. Not that we could have used it. But that makes a two bedroom suite that could easily have slept our entire family. Three bathrooms with three showers and a tub. A full kitchen. Dishwasher. Laundry. It’s crazy. Jane wants to come back with another couple, or our family. The only thing is, there’s nothing for the kids to do. The big kids. They’d want to go into town and we’re a little out of the way. Even so, Jane wants to come back. And why not?!


(click to enlarge)

One more word about the bullfights. Cesar told me it was purely a tourist thing. Damn. The real show is tonight. The weekly rodeo, which happens from 4-7 and then the real action begins. It's all the locals getting tanked and fighting. I don't think Jane's going to want to go, and I'm not even sure it's good idea for me. I'd go without my camera, but I always get a little uneasy in a rough area with $5k work of equipment hanging around my neck. It's like a bullseye.

No comments: