Saturday, March 31, 2012

Angel Hair | Angel's Barber Shop

I've been growing my hair out. That sounds so strange. How else would one grow their hair. For that matter, it's not like I've made this conscious decision to grow hair. I've made a decision to stop cutting it, or at least cutting it so close to my skull. So let me start over.

I've decided to stop cutting my hair every week with clippers. Which means I probably won't be cutting my own hair for awhile. Which means I needed to find someone else to do it.

This is where Angel comes in. Angel owns a small barber shop in Cape May Court House, the next town over from me. Just walk in, you'll most likely find Angel.

That's Angel. Nice guy. Greeted me the moment I walked in the door. Shook my hand and told me he'd be right with me. And that he was.

I sat in the chair, told him what I wanted, he said he understood....Badda Bing, Badda Boom, some clippers, some shears, a hot towel, a straight razor and a few other implements of destruction, and I was all cleaned up and ready to go about my day.

There is a place in Philadelphia that's kind of like this. But they also do the old school straight razor shaves. That's a little slower pace than Angel's. But that's cool. It was a good experience.

No comments: