Saturday, March 10, 2012

After The Fast: Day Seven

Seven days after breaking my fast and I'm feeling great. I am eating well, not bored at all, exercising daily, and still drinking lots of water. Still no caffeine and no cigarettes. I've had a few drinks on several occasions, but nothing like I used to. I'm not drinking at home and not at all daily. In reality, I've had alcohol three times since I started my fast and never more than a couple of glasses of wine. I think it's like cigarettes: I miss the idea of it more than the actual thing. It was never really about the buzz for me anyway.

But the big news is my weight. As you may recall, I went from 202lbs on the last day of my fast, gained 1.5lbs three days later, then gained a few more and was at 206lbs, still only four pounds over my lowest weight, which is pretty damn good.

Today, I was back down to 203.5lbs. That is awesome. So, I think in another month, I can be at 190lbs. That seems reasonable if I stick to my guns. I still really, really want to get under 200lbs. It's my albatross.

I have to travel this week. I'll be in Los Angeles Tuesday through Thursday for a shoot. LA is certainly a place where you can eat healthy if you want to, but travel and shoots are rarely conducive to eating well. It will be my first real test. I have to be careful to not just avoid junk. I also have to actually eat quality food. It's easy for me to just not eat, but that's no good either. Maybe I'll just pack my own snacks in my suitcase, I can always eat breakfast and dinner in a restaurant well, and all I have to worry about is lunch.

Flying sucks anyway, but I used to pass the time drinking and eating shitty snacks. :)

No comments: