Sunday, March 4, 2012

After The Fast: Day One

So, today I broke the fast. After a breakfast and mid-morning snack of juice, I make some rice and veggies and sat down to my first plate of real food in 27 days. It was glorious.

If I'm not going to be on a continuous diet, which no one can sustain, I have to change the way I eat, not just what I eat.

Before the fast, this was my normal routine:

1. No Breakfast.
2. Coffee. Cigarettes.
3. No Lunch.
4. More coffee and cigarettes.
5. Get home at 6:30pm, eat a big dinner and have 5-6 cocktails.
6. Go to bed and repeat the next day.

I drank, smoked about a pack of cigarettes and ate one meal, every day. So obviously that had to change.

For the record, here's tomorrow's plan:

5:30AM: Wake

5:45-6:00AM: 15 Minute Workout (that's all it takes me)

6:00-6:15AM: Cool down and read the paper.

6:15-6:45AM: Shower and Dress

6:45-7:15AM: Breakfast: 2 scrambled organic, free-range eggs (from my very own chicken). Small, whole wheat tortilla. Hot sauce.

7:15:8:30AM: Drive to work. Drink 1 liter of water.

10:00AM: Snack: Organic Trail Mix

12:30PM: Lunch: Rice. Steamed Veggies. (I cook this the night before and microwave them at work)

3:00PM: Snack: Apples w/all natural peanut butter

5:00-6:30PM: Drive home: Drink 1 liter of water.

7:00PM: Dinner: Red beans and rice. Salad of mixed greens w/walnuts, raisins, Feta crumbles, and apple, with a Raspberry vinaigrette.

After dinner I have either decaf tea or coffee. I never thought I would drink decaf. It seemed like a waste of time, but now that I'm not drinking alcohol, and just water throughout the day, it feels like a treat.

My bento-style lunch box and carrying bag. 

Broken down.

There's even a little pouch that holds bamboo chopsticks, spork and knife.



No comments: