Wednesday, March 7, 2012

After The Fast: Day Four


Weight Update
This morning I weighed myself for the first time in a few days. 203.5 lbs! After four days of eating solid foods, albeit on my new and improved diet, I only gained a pound and a half.

Given that people were telling me that I would gain as many as 10 pounds as soon as I got off my fast, I’m very happy with this development. I couldn’t very well expect to continue losing weight immediately after finishing my fast, but I was hopeful that I would only gain a nominal amount of weight. 1.5 pounds is righteous.

Hopefully this means I will begin losing weight again. I should. I’m eating exceptionally well compared to my past, plus I’m exercising daily. I should only go down.

A Busy Morning
My mornings are a lot more involved that they used to be. I get up an hour earlier, and do a lot more. I’m enjoying the time.

I get up at 5:30am, go to the bathroom and “clear my head”, after which I go downstairs and begin my workout. As I’ve mentioned, my workout entails using Ripcords®, essentially big rubber bands with handles. I do two separate workouts, each 7 minutes in length. One works the entire body, and the other focused more on the upper body. Then I do 30 hardcore crunches on this machine my wife bought. It’s a pretty good workout and I’ve been doing it everyday for almost 3 weeks.

Farm Fresh Organic Eggs. Beat with diced JalepeƱos.



After my workout, I go outside and get the paper. Then I start breakfast. This morning I did eggs again. Two eggs, scrambled with diced, pickled jalepeƱos, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Tasty.

I’ve been eating more of my meals with chopsticks. Before you laugh, let me tell you why. I eat slower. It’s perfect. Try eating rice and peas with chopsticks and see if it doesn’t slow you down as well.

New 16oz thermos. Perfect for one can of soup.
Today I brought soup for the first time in a new little thermos I bought. The soup was an organic butternut squash. It came from a can, but the ingredients were simple and all natural. But it was still from a can. That's not going to last. We got some new toys.

I just bought two new gadgets that it's hard to believe we didn't own prior to this. One is a food processor. We used to have a small one, but you couldn't do much with it. The new one is a Cuisinart 11-Cup bad boy. It's got several blades and various attachments, none of which we have room for.

The other is a Waring Pro Immersion Blender. Between these two appliances, I shouldn't need to buy soup from a can. For what it's worth, Jane makes soup all the time, and she didn't have either of these two things. But, it'll still be nice to have.

Anyway, after I eat breakfast and clean up after myself (other than dishes drying next to the sink, I try to leave the kitchen as if I wasn't there), I sit down with my water bottle and read the paper...or at least some of it. This is my relax time. I never did this before. I always got up in just enough time to shit, shower, shave, dress and walk out the door.

Usually, I've packed my lunch the night before, but today I had to heat my soup and pour it into the thermos, plus cut up an apple and pack some natural peanut butter. I also threw some roasted almonds in a ziplock bag for snacks. My piece de resistance, was supposed to by some leftover sushi from last night's dinner, and rice and beans from a few days ago. They were sitting in the fridge, all ready to go, only I forgot them.

Jane called on my way to work and asked, "What's with all this sushi?"

Grrrrr. I was so pissed.

I made do with my snacks and the soup. I'll eat it for dinner tonight. I may need to make some rice and vegetables for lunch tomorrow. We'll see. I'll come up with something.

No comments: